To strengthen the value of human resources in any company, HR professionals need to know the language of business, and that includes the financial components that have traditionally measured business progress and success. This course is designed to help you do just that.
Even if you’ve never taken a financial accounting course, this webinar will give you the foundational understanding you need to improve your partnership and support of your internal customers, namely operations, sales, marketing, executives, and more.
You’ll learn the basics of accounting and finance, and how the valuable work that you do in HR ties in directly with the overall success of your company. And, you’ll be able to partner more closely with other functional leaders.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Human resources is no longer the outdated-but-upgraded “personnel” department. As a full-fledged business function, it is imperative for HR professionals to understand basic accounting and finance terms, concepts, and metrics. Foundational knowledge of this nature is essential to the overall success of any human resources department, especially in its partnership with internal customers, executive leaders, and other stakeholders.
In this webinar, Melveen Stevenson, an HR expert with an accounting background, will focus on the basics of accounting and finance to help build your knowledge and understanding. She’ll walk you through the core accounting equation, explain the primary financial statements, and review key terms that will quickly get you up to speed. You’ll walk away with confidence in your abilities to be conversant in the “language of business” and be able to strengthen your skills in HR with enhanced abilities to understand the meaning behind the numbers.
• Deconstructing the basic accounting equation and its components
• Review the 4 primary financial statements, how they work, and how they relate to one another
• Understand how accounting and finance help to quantify HR contributions including budgets, proposals, and problem identification/trends clarification
• Review Sarbanes-Oxley and its impact on businesses
• Explain the difference between cash and accrual accounting methods
• Increase your business acumen by explaining key accounting and finance terms
You’ll walk away with confidence in your abilities to be conversant in the “language of business” and be able to strengthen your skills in HR with enhanced abilities to understand the meaning behind the numbers of accounting and finance.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Human resources professionals at all levels
• HR professionals who participate in cross-functional work teams
• Anyone with budget responsibilities for HR departments and projects
• Anyone in business who wants to understand the basic language of business
Melveen Stevenson is the CEO and founder of M.S.Elemental, LLC, a human resources and business advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California. As a certified HR professional with a background in accounting and finance, she helps companies to navigate the human resources “jungle” of compliance, human capital, and leadership challenges. By using an encompassing business approach, she helps to strengthen the infrastructure of organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations, training, employee engagement, and career coaching.
Use Promo Code SPRS20and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:http://bit.ly/2TA9vHR
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494